What is WhatsApp Web?
WhatsApp Web is a website or site provided for you WhatsApp application users so that you can access it via a PC or Laptop or known as a Desktop.
Web WA does not require special/additional applications or requires downloading applications such as on Android or IOS, just use the browser application you just have to type the url address of the site you can access.
Many types of compatible browsers can be used, such as Google Chrome , Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Safari, etc.
How to access it?
To access you simply use a PC or Laptop, the method is not difficult as long as you have an internet browser on your PC / Laptop.
Steps to Access Whatsapp Web for PC
- Open an internet browser such as Mozilla, Chrome or Internet Explorer
- Type in the url address bar below https://web.whatsapp.com
- Then the main page display will appear on the web wa as shown below.
Connect your Smartphone with Whatsapp Web
Next you have to connect your Whatsapp account on the smartphone to WA Web that we have opened on your PC / laptop, as follows:
- You will be asked for a QR code, use the QR scanner from within WhatsApp to scan the QR code.
- To do this, please open WhatsApp on your smartphone.
- For Android OS: on the Chat screen > Menu -> WhatsApp Web.
- For iPhone OS please open Settings -> WhatsApp Web.
- For Windows Phone OS, please open Menu -> WhatsApp Web.
- Scan Whatsapp QR Code on your PC / Laptop computer screen with your smartphone.
For more details, you can see in the picture below.
After you scan the QR Code using your smartphone’s Camera, it will then appear on the main screen as on your smartphone. You can start using WA web simultaneously with your smartphone and your laptop / pc.
What are the Advantages of Using Web WA?
- Can send large files that exceed your memory capacity on a smartphone.
- Freely typing messages freely.
- Display bigger and clearer using a screen on a PC or laptop.
What if someone accesses my WhatsApp account?
Whatsapp web version has its own dangers for those who care less. Whatsapp web version is said to be very vulnerable to hacker attacks. Especially if you use the application on a public computer or not personal property.
When the user enters into the web version of Whatsapp, the login data will continue to be stored on the computer. This is certainly dangerous if the computer is to be used by others, especially strangers.
Therefore if the user has finished using the web version of Whatsapp, it is expected to log out immediately to avoid things that are not desirable.
This should be done if you access Whatsapp web via a public computer.
How to log Out of WhatsApp Web?
- Open WhatsApp on your phone> then open Settings or Menu.
- Tap on WhatsApp Web.
- Tap Exit all computers.